Using Cirkus you can setup a workflow to capture new project or campaign requests for your team.
Provide a Request Form in Cirkus to gather these demands, and even pass them through an approval process before creating the Project with Tasks, Subprojects, Assignees and even dates applied.
Project Requests are powered by Project Templates.
This article describes how to set up Project Requests, submit new Requests, and handle Project Approvals.
- Submitting a Project Request
- Project Request Approvals
- Denied Project Requests -> Resubmission
- Direct links to a Project Request Form
- Other Request Types
Setup the Project Request
The Template for the Request is set up in the Workspace > Templates > Project Templates.
First, as a Workspace Administrator, Configure the Project Template to your liking or enter an existing template.
To turn the Template into a request, go into the Info tab. Under General is the Request Details settings.
- Offer as Request: Toggle ON to make the template available on the Requests portal
- Starred by Default: Toggle ON so this Request shows up first in the Request list
- Request Category: This allows the admin to group requests types together, so requestors can easily find the type of request they need. Request Categories are set up in the Template tab.
*Note: Request Categories are shared across Task, Booking and Project requests
- Approval By: Set to a person or a role. The Request must be “Approved” by one or all of them before it shows in the Projects tab to those included in the project. Notifications will not be sent to any included members until the project is approved.
*Note: If this field is not set, the Request will create a new Project right away when it is submitted.
Requests can be submitted in exactly the same way from web, and the feature is also available on Cirkus iOS app.
Here you can fill in some Custom Fields. In our customized workflow we have custom fields called Client Name, Client Contact, Producer, Air Date, and Notes. These fields can be made mandatory, or shown/hidden in certain conditions. All of the field setup is done in the Project Template
All Submitted Requests appear in the My Recently Created Requests section with a label indicating if they are Pending Approval or Denied.
Requestors and Approvers can also see a list of all their Projects Pending Approval in the Projects list, accessing the `Pending Approval` filter at the bottom of the view.
Clicking Resubmit will open the sheet again where the Request can be edited. On submission it goes back through Approval process again, with the history of the first submission included.
Direct links to a Project Request Form
If you would like to give requestors the option to open the "New Project" view directly on a browser or iOS app, rather than navigating through all available requests, you can share a direct link to the request by copying it from the app or web.
When clicking on the link they will be prompted to login to Cirkus , and on successful login, the New Project window will load directly.