Using Cirkus you can setup a workflow to capture task requests and direct them to the right place. For example, if your team of technicians regularly receives work orders from producers, you can use provide a Request Form in Cirkus to: - Gather information first time
Assign to the right team or person.
Moving the request through workflow.
The Request workflow is powered by Task Templates
Set up the Request
This example is the one in the task template tutorial video.
Let’s look at a Compression Request task template to support our producer to technician workflow.
- The template for the request is set up in the Workspace Task Templates.
- Go to your Workspace and then to the Task Template tab.
- First let’s look at the Info tab
- Default Name: This is the name that any task created with this template will have by default. It can be edited by the requestor.
- Approval By: If this field is not set, the Task will be immediately added to the Assignee.
If this field is set to a person or a role, it must be “Approved” by them before it shows in the Schedule to the rest of the team. For our template we will set this to be our “Studio Manager” role.
- Offer as Request: Toggle to ON to make the template available on the Requests portal.
- Starred by Default: If there are lots of templates, you can toggle this ON so they show up first in the list.
- Request Category. This allows the admin to group requests types together, so requestors can easily find the type of request they need. Our one is in the “Post Services” category.
Request Categories are set up in the task Template tab.
Switch the view at the bottom, and create or edit existing request categories.
- Description: This is the optional Description of this Template
- You can set the Projects, Subprojects where the create task should go.
- Now in the Fields tab we can any any needed custom fields to the task template, more information on custom fields can be found in the task template article
Ok, so now our workflow is all set up.
Anyone submitting a task request must be a member of our Cirkus Workspace, and they can use the Requests view on web, iOS or Mac app, or a direct web link to access the request form.
We will look at how it appears on the web browser below.
As a Requestor, go to the Requests view or click on the shared request link (this can be copied from the template on web or mac apps).
Our Compression Request is under the Post Services Category.
Click the Post Services, and select the Compression task request from the menu.
Complete the Information in the New Task Sheet.
When the Request is submitted it will show in the “My Recently Created Requests” section, with a status indicating it is Pending Approval.