The v2 farmerswife - Cirkus integration, that was introduced in farmerswife 6.6 SP1 allows you to:
- New Projects created in farmerswife trigger a new project created in Cirkus.
- Projects in Cirkus are created with a default or specified template.
- All new projects in Cirkus can trigger a new project created in farmerswife.
- Bi-directional sync of project custom fields i.e changes can be made in both farmerswife and Cirkus and be in sync.
- Since 6.7 Budget line items can be sent to Cirkus as Tasks, this is covered in another solution article
- NEW IN 6.8 Bi-directional, or one direction sync of Bookings for synced projects between both systems
NEW IN 6.8 Cirkus to fw sync of Time Reports for Bookings between both systems
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- New Cirkus Integration Server Setup
- Cirkus options inside of the farmerswife Edit Project window
If you don't want to enable the integration and if you want to remove the Cirkus Prompt from your Project Window, go to Toolbox > Settings > Miscellaneous and disable: Show Cirkus Info When Not Setup.
Migration from old to new Cirkus integration
If you are using the existing integration (v1), follow these steps:
1. Disable the v1 farmerswife - Cirkus integration in the Toolbox > Settings tab > Server Setup > Cirkus.com Setup > Disconnect Cirkus Account:
2) Enable the new integration on the Server. If your Server is cloud hosted by farmerswife, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
On the Server window click on Server Setup > General tab > Cirkus Connector.
Follow now the instructions of the New Cirkus Integration steps below.
Active Projects that are in Cirkus won't be synced again to farmerswife if they already exist in farmerswife.
There are some settings that will smooth the transition from the v1 integration to the v2 integration. See settings below: Cirkus option inside of the farmerswife Edit Project window.
New Cirkus Integration Server Setup
To set up integration got to the Server > Setup > General.
In the Server > Setup > General Tab, there is a new section called Cirkus Connector.
Step 1: Set API Key
This is the key of a user who already registered on Cirkus. We recommend that you use a specific integration user for this account i.e email@example.com. To retrieve the API key, login to Cirkus as that user, and browse to the User Preferences>API Keys tab.
Type a new name for the key and press Enter.
The key will be created, and you can select to copy the key to your clipboard.
In the farmerswife Server setup window on the General Tab, click on the menu item to the left of the Cirkus Connector, select API Key and paste the key from your Clipboard.
Step 2: Select a Workspace
If you don't have a workspace in Cirkus you will need to create one. Click on the menu item to the left of the Cirkus Connector > Set Workspace. A list of available workspaces is shown, select the one that all the synced projects in farmerswife will connect with.
Step 3a: Configure the options for your Integration - Projects
In the Project Templates section you can select a Default Cirkus Project Template. All projects that are created in farmerswife and synced to Cirkus will have that template applied. The project templates are set up in Cirkus.
If you create a new Project in farmerswife in the Cirkus section of the Project the Default Template will be selected automatically in the Template selector field. However you will have to Confirm this selection again when you click OK or Save the Project for the first time. The reason is that you can't change the Project Custom Fields later in Cirkus.
Note: If "Sync New FW Projects To Cirkus By Default" setting is set to "None", you can select which template is applied to each Project when you chose to sync it!
Map Cirkus Template To FW Project Custom Template
If you use Project Custom Fields in farmerswife you can map those with Cirkus Project Custom Fields. Select the option: Map Cirkus Template to FW Project Custom Template.
First select a Cirkus Project Template then a farmerswife Project Custom Field Template so both will be mapped. All Custom Fields of both Templates will be shown in one section in the Cirkus Project. Project Custom Fields from Cirkus will show at the top, below farmerswife Project Custom Fields.
Please note, the mapping will only work, if you actively select the Project Custom Field Template in farmerswife when you create the Project. It won't work with the default Project Custom Fields that are displayed when creating the Project, even if those are coming from your default farmerswife Project Custom Field template.
You can add various mapping actions, like Cirkus Project template 1 will map with farmerswife Project Custom Field template: Commercial, Cirkus template 2 will map with farmerswife's Feature Film Project Custom Field template and so on.
Here you can select how often the sync will run. Recommended option is every 10 second.
Fields To Never Sync to FW
If there are fields which are "master" in FW, you can select to never accept updates on those fields from Cirkus. Project Number is selected by default here.
Active = refers to the Active button in farmerswife and the Open Yes/No slider in Cirkus.
Description = is the Project Note in farmerswife and the description field in Cirkus.
Name = in both cases the name of the Project
Number = in farmerswife this number will be given by default and might be linked to specific project number creation magic, in Cirkus you can edit this number yourself. If this is set to never sync, even if you gave a specific number in Cirkus, in farmerswife this project will get a new farmerswife Project Number.
Fields to Never Sync to Cirkus
If there are fields which are "master" in Cirkus, you can select to never accept updates on those fields from FW. All your custom fields are available to choose from as well as other fields: Client, Closed, Contact, Email, Note and Number.
Sync New FW Projects To Cirkus By Default
If this setting is checked, and integration is enabled, then any new Project created in farmerswife will be created in the selected Workspace in Cirkus.
Existing Projects in farmerswife will have a "Cirkus Sync" button in the Edit Project window to create a synced Cirkus project.
If the setting is unchecked, and integration is enabled, new farmerswife Projects will not trigger the creation of a synced Project on creation. However you can enable manually the "Cirkus Sync" button in the Edit Project window to create a synced Cirkus project.
Auto Create Active Cirkus Projects In farmerswife
If this setting is checked, and integration is enabled, then all active Cirkus projects will be created in farmerswife when you turn on the integration.
Any new projects created in Cirkus will also be created in farmerswife.
Step 3b: Configure the options for your Integration - Bookings
From farmerswife 6.8 it is possible to sync the Bookings between your farmerswife system and your Cirkus Workspace.
- Bookings for people which exist in both your Cirkus Workspace and your farmerswife system will be synced. These users are matched by email address of the object in farmerswife, and the profile in Cirkus.
- Only Bookings for resources which exist in both your Cirkus Workspace and your farmerswife system will be synced. These Resources are matched by name e.g Avid1 needs to exist as an Object in farmerswife, and a Resource in Cirkus
- Only Bookings for Projects which are synced will be included in the sync.
- Bookings respect the "Sync Mode" set for the integration - see below.
Enable Booking Integration
- To enable Booking sync for new changes, click on Bookings>Sync Enabled.
Sync existing Bookings
To sync existing Bookings, click on Bookings > Force Sync, and select the date range of bookings that you wish to sync.
This process can take some time depending on the date range selected and the number of bookings to sync
- If asked by support to assist with troubleshooting, you may need to enable additional logging by clicking on Bookings > Verbose Logging.
Step 3c: Configure the options for your Integration - Time Reports
From farmerswife 6.8 it is possible for Time Reports on Bookings to be synced between farmerswife and Cirkus.
The sync comes with the following limitations:
- In Cirkus you can not timereport on non-people, so the Bookings in fw of a User+Room will still show as not fully timere
- If you report more than 24h on a day in Cirkus, it will be capped to 24h in fw.
- If you report on a non-booked day in Cirkus, the time will be registered on the nearest booked day in fw.
- If the Time Report is changed on the same Booking in both farmerswife and Cirkus at the same time, it will not merge the results, but rather overwrite Cirkus' version with the one from farmerswife.
- Time Reports for bookings which exist in both your Cirkus Workspace and your farmerswife system will be synced.
- Only Time Reports for people which exist in both your Cirkus Workspace and your farmerswife system will be synced. These members are matched by email address.
- Only Bookings for Projects which are synced will be included in the sync.
Enable TR Integration
- To activate it, go to Server Setup > General > Cirkus > Time Reports and toggle on "Sync Enabled".
You may also want to click "Detect Timezone" to make sure it detects the correct timezone for farmerswife. If you skip that step, it will automatically try to detect the timezone the first time it syncs Time Reports.
Step 4 Miscellaneous
Change Server URL:
Here you can update the Cirkus url, if you are using an onsite or private Cirkus installation.
The default is https://cirkus.com, the public cloud service.
If you want to point to another cirkus instance, like a demo, or test environment, change it here.
This is for testing purposes only. Here you can reset the sync - it won't reset your sync settings selected above but will allow you to sync with a new workspace.
A warning window will ask you to confirm this action as this could cause duplicates, etc. You should never use this on the same farmerswife database.
This link will open the cirkus.com site, or the Cirkus mac application if you have it installed.
These settings only apply to the Bookings, Project Custom Field and the Project Status changes, not about the option if a Project is synced from or to farmerswife/Cirkus.
Bidirectional - This will sync project status and custom field changes made on either platform to the other one.
FW to Cirkus - This will sync project status and custom field changes made on FW to Cirkus only.
Cirkus to FW - This will sync project status and custom field changes made on Cirkus to FW only
Master to Slave - This will sync project status and custom field changes made on the platform where the project was first created, to the other one.
Step 5: Enable Integration
Click on the menu again, and select "Enabled"
Check the status of the connection below the Cirkus Connector logo.
It should say "Connected".
Cirkus options inside of the farmerswife Edit Project window
Cirkus Sync - Sync To Existing Cirkus Project
You can use this option if you need to sync a farmerswife Project to an existing Cirkus project. Once clicked a "Sync To Cirkus Project window appears and let's you select from the drop down any active Cirkus project.
Once a farmerswife Project is synced with Cirkus "Not Done Tasks:" and "Done Tasks" will show in the Cirkus section of the farmerswife Project indication how many active Tasks you have in the synced Cirkus project and how many Done Tasks. A blue circle icon will show in a pie chart look how many of the Tasks are done by now. Once all are done, the circle will be fully blue.
Canceled Cirkus Tasks will not count here.
The next two options below are available if a Project is synced with Cirkus. Click on the drop down menu right before the Cirkus icon and select on of these options:
It will redirect you to the Cirkus project (either app or web - whatever you have installed) and will let you create a new Task for this Project.
There are two options here:
Disable Sync For This Project: Will stop the sync of this Project. Nothing will be updated anymore. You will get the message: Changes Will Apply When Project Is Saved. If you want to re-sync, you will just need to slide the Sync button the right to reinstate the sync to Cirkus. The link is kept and farmerswife knows to which project in Cirkus this
Forget Sync For This Project: Will stop the sync of this Project and "forget" that it was ever synced, so the next time you want to "re-link" this Project to Cirkus, you will get the dropdown of all available Projects in Cirkus that you want to sync this Project with.